Monday, May 15, 2006

Is it Splat or Snap?

Another splash of Splatter. I love to capture images. But I'm sure you know that already as I try to translate images to word.

A method of just that, one that I truly love, but neglect, is through the eye of my camera. The moments below were taken just days ago. It was cloudy out which helps with the color. They were taken with the memory of that storm of falling petals mentioned a few days ago. The camera I used is my first real camera; it is over 26 years old and has parts missing. I am dragging my feet in going digital with the rest of the world as there is something about film that I have grown to love. You see we have history in common. I love memories and life and it has faithfully captured them visually. Could I have built a relationship with my camera??? **Shannon, if you are reading, please note! ;)

Sorry, I digress. There is a discipline with film. You cannot be completely swept away with what you see through the lens. You must also pay attention to the background, the shadow, the translation of light and the change of depth to a flat surface. But when that shot (usually an accident) is captured as you had hoped it would it is like a brush stroke on canvas or a blink of God's eye. I hope you enjoy as I have.

No comments: