Sunday, June 25, 2006

Cheez-Its and a Latte' With Cinnamon Sugar Sprinkled On Top

The title of my post is what I had for breakfast today. Yum. I am a self confessed Cheez-It addict. If you hit the title it will take to you a Cheez-It website. Some of my other posts have links in them also.

Life is so good! I did not wake up this morning until 10:30. While I purposely did not set my alarm I never thought I would sleep that late. What wondrous rapture it was to sleep in that late... Can you tell I'm woman on the cusp of menopause?

Anyway, I got up called my mom to ask her out to lunch again (we went to Baker's Square last week). She said no as she already turned down a neighbor lady for the same offer. She is doing a Living Will with my sister Carol today. Mom (85) is having an angiography on Wednesday. Her history includes angioplasty, by-pass and pacemaker. I am so glad she is doing that. When dad was sick, I had the privilege of doing the Living Will with him. That in itself is a miracle as we butted heads on most of my young teen and adult life. Believe me, only a good God could have had us reconcile.

Anyway, I had a great Saturday. I organized a Women's Spa for your Soul and Body event and it went great! (Thanks Brenda for your encouraging words Saturday night.) About 60 women gathered for coffee, had their hands massaged, heard beautiful music from the harp and by voice, and then selected 2 out of 4 choices of break outs. They loved it and I had fun doing it. I was asked to make it an annual event and perhaps I will. I had a great volunteer staff that was the backbone of the event.

Then home for a nap as I didn't sleep after 3:00 AM the night before. 'With visions of the women's event danced thru my head' over and over and over.

Then off to Fuji Ya for single's restaurant night. More on that on my new blog on Restaurants and Recipes just around the corner. Watch for the link.

To rap this up, I am sipping a new favorite summer beverage. It is adapted from a Kraft Foods recipe magazine. YUMMY! I'll be serving it at my deck party tomorrow night. Remember, what is said on the deck, stays on the deck!

BTW, I have the best little family in the world. I had such a great time on Friday and I love, love, love them... Better go before I have another new favorite summer beverage and embarrass myself...

No comments: