I'm thankful for Carol and how she has saute'd, blended, mixed, topped, prepared, set up, cleaned up, drafted a timeline all for her family on so many holidays
I'm thankful for my girlfriends and how thick we are and how they sit next to me during a funeral of a guy who introduced me to an ex who broke my heart
I'm thankful for my children through blood and marriage and offspring
I'm thankful for the words, "love you, too"
I'm thankful for the tears that well up at the most surprising times and the pain I feel for those who suffer
I'm thankful I have finally grown up and "get it"
I'm thankful for every heartbreak I have had and how resilient the heart is when there is a God who has invented healing
I'm thankful for my home and the women who gather here
I'm thankful for the staff at WLC and how they inspire me to be a better person
I'm thankful for pointy toed shoes
I'm thankful for the amazing way words can be put on paper in a unique way and how they take me to different times and places
I'm thankful that I can read
I'm thankful that I can be thankful, all because of healing
I'm thankful I have a family to spend Thanksgiving with
I'm thankful for mascara, dishwashers, garage door openers and George Clooney's looks
That's not all....

No comments:
Post a Comment