Okay, (that truly is how I start many of my conversations with folks I trust) I have a free morning here and thought woo hoo what should I do? (Should there be quotes around that last statement?) So, I plugged in the iron to crease my jeans. I know most of normal do not iron jeans, but I do. Alas, the crease lasts no longer than most of the relationships I've been in but it makes me feel good for a moment. Now, that is a statement that defines me. That's what I love about journaling. I come out honestly, sometimes more honest than when I think about it.
Speaking of defining, yesterday morning was a full one for me and a bit unusual. First I woke up at 5:00 AM, which is most unusual to begin with; but, I was taking my friend, Lindsey to the airport. Have I told you just how blessed I've been with roommates? Trust me. Then I went home to putz and spent some time reading Exodus. I love the Old Testament and it feels great to be studying it again. I had several errands to do. Drop the bills at the post office, make a deposit at the bank, pick up the grandson for preschool and finally get to work.
Well, with 2 out the 3 errands accomplished, I drove up to the drive-through bank. The deposit was all there, everything added, signed and my DL included. I thought to myself, when did they put those little screens in? I can see myself at the bank. Then the canister was new; not the twisty part on the end, but rather opened in the middle. They must have really remodeled. The clerk inside said something that sounded like no language I've ever heard. So, I just nodded my head and said "thank you". Then, she sent back the deposit. Puzzled I asked her, why?
"You've used the wrong deposit slip."
Did I finally find my savings deposits, I wondered? But; no, this was right. . .
Car idling... I looked up and slowly the light of awareness began to glow. Dimly at first, but then brighter. I was at the wrong bank! I hadn't banked at this bank since earlier this year. Yes, I tried to deposit hard earned moola at the wrong bank! The clerk turned off the speaker between us long before I saw the light. I'm sure thinking; "man, what an idiot. How does she find her way out of her house for crying out loud? The world these days, is there anyone who has a brain?"
Which I have thought and said to myself as well as anyone around who would listen on quite a few occasions. Ahhh, humility. Don't you just love it?
Been on South Beach for 5 days now and have lost at least 5 pounds. Yes, yes, you don't have to tell me. But this diet seems to work. I do gain it back, but slowly, and portion control and discipline was just not working. Soon, I will be back in my cute skirts and "skinny jeans". With a crease of course.
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hilarious
Post a Comment