Friday, May 18, 2007

I Should Never Operate Heavy Machinery

If you scroll back long enough, you will find several entries that highlight my ineptitude regarding current media. This site for example. I am a danger to blogging. If I were to combine the right key strokes and change something, I would be at the mercy of friends and family to help me climb out. Thus the following should not surprise you....

I hear voices.
Not long ago I was posting a comment on Lindsey's blog. As usual the annoying 'code' of scrambled letters appeared for me to enter. As usual, I had to try several times before I could even figure out the difference between a q, j or p. This time however I noticed the cute little handicap voice option. You could hit the icon and a voice would tell you what letters/numbers to type! So, I tried it. Lo and behold, Lindsey's voice came out of the speakers instructing me what keys to push! I was amazed and impressed! Lindsey could actually format/write the code to make that happen. Of course, I expressed my amazement to Lindsey later that day and she gave me a confused look... perhaps interpreted as saying, "do I need to call a doctor?" Being quick witted (and used to my mistakes by now) I realized that I was once again so wrong. HOWEVER, after testing the handicap voice option, Lindsey had to admit the voice sounds exactly like her! Blogger swiped her voice! I'm not so crazy after all.

However, I am forgetful.
There was another example of my backward skill. I was going to post it with this one. But alas, I didn't make a note of it and have forgotten (in less than 15 minutes). Please let me know if anyone finds my memory laying around. I would appreciate it.