Ok, I've started making my own laundry soap. Very economical and so green. Next, I'll make my own dish washing detergent. I've already put white vinegar in the little rinse agent compartment. According to other green, latent hippy types it works great. All I know is that it doesn't cost more than the price of gasoline for crying out loud. Have you ever figured out how much that little blue bottle costs per gallon? We are all idiots!
Now if I can only figure out how to make hair spray my life will be complete.
One of my goals I set for myself this year was to go to more concerts. However, I have changed that goal slightly. Instead, it is to do at least one fun outing a month. Much more affordable since going to a Tom Petty concert could cost me $100+.
Thus, January I went to the Figure Skating competition with my friend, Michelle. Loved it! I could not believe what great seats we got!

February I went to a Wild game with my friend, Lindsey. (My first Wild game!)

It was very fun in spite of the man with rage issues.... however, I did hear a brand new phrase: "you couldn't find you a-- with both of your hands". What a charming individual. Here is a photo of him. If you know him ask him if he can find his a-- with only one hand or if it takes two. As a matter of fact, feel free to circulate this picture all over the web.

March I went to the Children's Museum with my very favorite 6 year old who I love with all of my heart. We had ever so much fun! I'm sure he slept well that night; I know I did!

2 comments:
You're back, YEEHAWW! I've missed reading your blogs and updates. I'm quite impressed by your green-ness and homemade detergent. Bravo!
YAY - you were the highlight of my evening wander. Welcome back Mary.
I tried using a green laundry detergent and non-dryer static ball thing and I was not a fan. I really should be thinking more about my carbon footprint but I'm too hooked on the cleaning power of Tide and the artificial smell of fabric softener I guess.
Post a Comment