Saturday, July 08, 2006
A Rock and Roll Heart Never Dies
Okay, how much fun is this? I got invited to a special evening at the Fine Line in Minneapolis. Never been there, but always wanted to. Tim and Nancy (rockers at heart) picked me up at 8:30 and we headed for Bloomington. There we picked up Tim's brother Tom. We hopped on the Metro to downtown and road the light rail. Again, fun as I have not had that experience in this state. Once at the Fine Line (smaller than I thought it would be) we found a table and grabbed a beer. As a young woman I always drank from a bottle at bars.... less likely to, you know, drink someone else's spit. The restroom has closed circuit TV so you wouldn't miss any of the band. At 10:30, Gambit took the stage and began their performance. They rocked. The set included original tunes of their own as well as a pretty good cover of a Who classic. Pretty ambitious for a young band. Anyway, it was so much fun!!! Below is a phone photo live and on stage at the Fine Line. Oh, and I got a free CD, let me know if you want to listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment