Friday, July 07, 2006

Vacation Part 1

I love vacation. Even if I am broke. Thus I have a list of fun stuff to do close to home. Saturday evening my sister invited me and other sis and husband and mom to an authentic home made Mexican dinner. She won this at an auction, which I don't understand how you can win, if indeed you end up paying for it? Whatever, it was delicious and I ate plenty and even had a Margarita or two. My two brother-in-law then brought out the official poker table top and chips. I learned how to play Texas Hold'em. It was fun as we didn't play for money. How can ANYONE fold if it doesn't really cost you anything to lose? Thus, I only folded a couple of times and also thus, needed my chips replenished multiple times. Family fun!

Sunday, Angie stopped by and we grilled (both chose kabobs!). Had a nice visit. My salad was very soggy, yuck. But I loved the combination of fresh basil and cucumber!

Monday, a wonderful lazy day. The only plan I had was to do crafts. I accomplished assembling the material for a craft and that's all. I love vacation!

No comments: