Wednesday, July 19, 2006

So Many Words, So Little Time

Back to work, yikes. Okay, I had a blast on vacation. I may fill you in on the details, but fear boring you. Thus, I hope my adventures will drop in at random as the memories, distorted with time, Splat out of me. That how I think... Splat, splat, splat.

Okay, so my near perfect roommate is moving out! Perfect because he was hardly ever home! At times it felt like I was taking candy from a baby. Yet, I offered him a safe place all his own that met his needs nicely. I will miss him and continue to pray for him. I will also miss the SCANDAL of telling people I live with a much younger man. Sigh, I am so easily entertained.

Okay, so now I will have another fantastic roommate! A girl! A fun girl. We took a spontaneous ride to the Metro Dome this afternoon to pick up tickets for an event she's putting together. I kid you not our conversation was so fun. She is a fellow Splatter Girl! I am sure that in no time we will master the skill of both talking at the same time and yet hearing each other perfectly and thus allowing us both all that more time to talk!!!! And she likes me! At least she does now. Check back in about November when she has had the time to hear my toilet, the rattle of my makeup box (getting close to the size of a suitcase) and so forth.

Okay, so one cute story. I am crazy about my grandson, Seth. Friday in the heat hotter than French Fries out of the fry basket, we played with squirt guns and a tub full of water and the garden hose on the deck and surrounding yard. It dawned on me that I could be wearing my swimsuit and in usual fashion I thought it out loud. Well, Seth said he would like to see my swimsuit. I let it pass and a couple of minutes later he mentioned it again. So, doting grandma that I am, I went to retrieve it. Now, remember the value system of a 4 year old is way different than mine. As I held up my modest one piece, his eyes got big and out of this mouth came, "That is the BIGGEST swimsuit I EVER saw." The previous said with much feeling and expression and what seemed to be awe. So there you have it, I once again proved to be an above average grandma for an above average grandson.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I need to say, I LAUGHED OUT LOUD. What would seth say if he saw my swimsuit?

And, thanks again for driving to the metrodome with me today. It was FABULOUS of you to help me out and calm my "non-internet available" nerves.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE just LOVE the things that come out of his mouth, it never fails that it is something good. Good for you to move on from it and know that a four year old has no sense at all except for what is good to eat and drink.

Jackie