Single income, one meager savings account, one charge account with a balance just a little teensy bit over my comfort zone and what do you get? $40 that has to cover expenses until the end of the month which include dinner out tonight, two planned visits to the state fair and somehow stretching a dozen eggs, a couple cans of: tuna; peaches; green beans and some rice, pasta and some unidentified frozen meat. Can you tell I've been taking inventory? At least I still have some vodka and a couple of bottles of wine. Yikes, I just remembered, I'm hosting several occasions this month! So much for the meager savings account... Bring on the corn dogs and foot longs!!! I will most likely eat my fears away at the fair.
Last week the folks I work with and yours truly with went on a 3-day retreat. Which by the way, I always thought a retreat was a time away to spend with God, and learning or studying God. Silly me. This was once again accompanied by an agenda stuffed as full as a German bratwurst. EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT... (I just censored myself, back to the original unedited Splatters.)
But honestly, as uncomfortable as that sounds, it gets worse. Somehow out of the freaking thin air I have become so sensitive that I have been crying several times a day usually IN FRONT OF PEOPLE. Great. Love those hormones.
Okay, as a wrap: God DID show up at the retreat, I am soft hearted and have deep feelings that I'm not ashamed of. My cupboards have more food in them than most homes in the world and I get paid again in 2 and a half weeks. Plus, my dear friend Nancy and I had a great time playing at the retreat... that I'll write about next time.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment