Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Project Hairspray


One of my favorite reality shows is Project Runway! Weird artsy folks to watch. Style and clothes. Competition. Some over the top designs and personalities. Love it! Or, I heart Project Runway as some of my blogging friends would say.

So, to the point. I paid $15.00 for a can of hairspray this fall. Can you believe it? Waaayyy too much money to spend, but boy oh boy did it work! It is the only hairspray I've ever used that had the possibility to use too much. It truly lived up to the word FREEZE on the can. None the less, too rich for my budget (and my lead trigger finger on the nozzle).

Thus! A challenge I have created, Project Hairspray. I went to my local Walgreens with the 15 bucks I could have spent on one can of perfect HS and purchased 4 cans of cheap stuff.

Surely there is a cheaper way to keep my bangs covering my fivehead (larger than a forehead). I am on a mission to discover the winner of Project Hairspray.

Here are the contestants:
  • The Rich Standard that all others will be compared to: OSIS+ by Schwarzkopf $1.64 an ounce! Ouch!
  • TRESemme' $.47 an ounce, much more reasonable
  • VO5 Vmax! $.46 an ounce, what the heck does VO stand for anyway - and what is significance of 5?
  • Aqua Net (yes they still make it) $.18 an ounce the bargain
  • Suave Max Hold $.22 an ounce (I was almost embarrassed to bring this to the register).
So stay tuned as I unofficially, and unscientifically judge the 4 contestants!

BTW the header - better but not what I really was looking for. The flowers are a photo I took at home.

Also, I cried my eyes out for Kitty!

One more point. Some of you readers who may not have been with me from the beginning may want to look at my old posts for my review on Model in a Bottle. The original unofficial, and unscientific test.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I actually really like the Suave Max hold...not just because I'm cheap but it actually does work with my hair. I wish you well with the test!

Rachel Ehrhard said...

My favorite hairspray is Frozen Stiff...you get it at Sally Beauty Supply...currently I'm sure you don't need another bottle...but should the opportunity present itself, I would highly suggest picking it up! : )