Okay, first of all - I am sorry to all my married type friends for lumping you into a category that includes the word 'smug'. Most of my very best friends ARE married. And none of them are smug, unless of course it is about a wonderful shopping bargain. Then you deserve to be smug. I think I've been watching too much Sex in the City and perhaps that attitude has rubbed off. Plus, really if you think of it what does smug and marriage have to do with each other???
Now, I had a perfectly wonderful day until I got home expecting a package of 6 books. It was here but with 1 book. The books were part of a treat I was planning on giving some friends. I must say my temper took over, as I thought the least the on-line book store could have done was to let me know. Naturally, I sent them an email with the words my son hated to hear as a boy... I'm disappointed in you...needed them by Saturday... blah blah blah. So, I started calling around and even considered driving all around the city to 6 stores purchasing the one copy each store had. No time to ship them to the store closest to me. In between those action steps I started feeding... Venison stick, check; celery with natural peanut butter, check. I looked longingly at the pasta and Easter chocolate and began the slip down the slope of the spare tire. But just at the right time while I was on hold looking for books I heard a contemporary version of an old song. "I know my redeemer lives". In an instant I was calmed surrendering my plans.
Hey Lindsey, teach me how to put more of my profile in my sidebar - please!
Today I am grateful for: Thunder, diet pop, flat tires and lunch with friends
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Boy, I am splatting today or what?
flat tires? why are you grateful for that?!?!
I was referring to the spare tire around my middle and how it is 'leaking' due to South Beach. Sorry, I just assume everyone can read my thoughts.
Post a Comment