I had a fabulous weekend. Friday night I had a spur of the moment invite to share pizza with Paul and Janice and I took them up on it. They ordered mixed meat and one half with jalapenos. I was warned that it would be hot, but assured if you followed with a slice without the peppers it would cool down your mouth. I loved it! We shot the breeze and then settled down to watch a Monk episode. It was great fun hanging out with them. BUT that is only Friday night. Saturday I had lunch with Jenny at Pei Wei, which I love. I overcame the temptation to order their wonderful Lettuce Wraps and had a spicy noodle bowl of which I have forgotten the name of. It was great even with the tofu. I really need to start a website of my opinions of local restaurants. But that is not all we did. We went shopping! I have a great start on my summer wardrobe and a whole new look to my neglected bedroom. Once I got home I rearranged and cleaned and added the new items. It is kinda fun to go to bed in a beautiful room. But that is not all! Saturday night Nancy and I went to the Annual Minnesota Book Awards. It was fun! Thanks to Jane for re-awakening my love to read, I am in a book club. The books we have read have been so much fun, most of them I would have never found on my own and so when I saw the awards advertised, I thought it might be cool to go. Nancy was my willing buddy. The awards were okay, fun to see local authors. However, the reception that followed was the memory maker. The event was held at the Woman's Club in Minneapolis. I would love to find out the history of the building. But picture this: story and a half high rooms with floor to ceiling arched windows; rich wood paneling and this incredible balcony with marble (?) pillars and tables and chairs under the stars (alas it was raining). As we peered out the beautiful windows we saw a million dollar view. We were almost ON the river. It was so enchanting. The reception included a bar and free cheeses, crackers, fruit and sugared pecans. It was fun. I saw Faith Sullivan, the author of "The Cape Ann" a book our club read. There was a book table with the books that had been nominated; quite a few of the books were signed by the author. Well, to show you the power of just one glass of Pinot Noir, I ended up buying 3 books for a total of $60!!! My, my, my. I am a pushover.
By the way, the only good thing I have noticed about hot flashes is you can walk around comfortably in a tank top and not get cold.
Sunday, April 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment