Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring is here, what does that have to do with Venison?

Okay, I must admit I have been dry, dry, dry. Thus, the dry spell. But I must press on! Thus the following:

It is spring and you know what that means. Shaving your legs. One of the advantages to single life in this Northern State is that shaving is optional. Especially with my Germanic background and fair hair color. I go months like 4 in a row without ever shaving my legs. Eat your hearts out all you smug married types. It's important to know that I DO shave under my arms regularly (eeew not to). So along with the spring melt of snow and pounds off the middle - so, too, the shedding of leg hair. It takes several consistent shaves to come close to my usual summer smoothness. This year I plan to fake bake and obtain a healthy tan.

And that leads me to the Venison portion of this splatter. My big brother and fam enjoy shooting deer and I received several processed venison selections . A bag of venison sticks, like beef sticks only leaner (and just as if not tastier); a ring of venison (like ring Bologna) and a big honking piece of venison salami (quite delicious) as a result of his generosity. With the discipline of the South Beach Diet I have been eating the venison sticks like candy. It has been most beneficial for me as they have saved me from eating some "bad fat or sugared" treat. Eight days and seven, count'em, seven pounds off my future summer body. I can tell by the size of the spare tire that it's shrinking baby!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Good for you!!!!