Saturday, October 07, 2006

BoDeans On a Stick


Nancy me and Marie

Nancy and me

One of the fun things I did this summer was to go to the BoDeans at the State Fair. See link for their music. It was a beautiful day and I had great company. The weather threatened storms, but the large crowd that was there challenged the prediction. I sat among friends listening to music that was real; rock and roll the way it was meant to be. The lyrics are heartfelt, sometimes desperate, sometimes light. At one point as I looked up at the night sky, I wondered how a summer night could be better. The air cool, the crowd enjoying themselves, friends near, tummy full of fun food. I felt glad that we were there because I had arranged it all. It warms my heart that I can bring people together for fun and friendship.
Before the show, we just wandered nilly willy from one food stand to the next. We laughed because it was so unorganized. Speaking of food, here is a little challenge for you. What did Mary consume while wandering?
A: A foot long; corn dog, pork chop on a stick, Belgium waffle on a stick, a twisted sister, cheese curds, salted nut roll
or
B: A foot long, corn dog, pronto pup, Belgium waffle on a stick, jerk chicken wings, cheese curds, pizza on a stick, deep fried chocolate chip cookies
The answer is BOTH!!! I went two times and I may have even forgotten a thing or two. No wonder my jeans are tight from the waist to the knee.

No comments: