Saturday, October 21, 2006

Easily Distracted - India Palace

FYI my last post never did get around to what I meant with the "It's all about me". Oh well.

It's a lazy Saturday and no "real" meetings to go to. But plenty of reading to do. The next couple of weekends are full of fun work stuff, but not much down time.

I've decided that the 2 blogs are 2 much. Thus, I'll just keep up to date on the restaurant thing here. By the way, I'm not sure what happened to the cash flow, but I can not afford the noshing I was doing! Whew! Actually, that's not true. I do know what happened to the cash flow. I took a good hard look at those handy plastic cards and said this is crazy. There is no need for me to be in debt. So, I'm cooling it on the dinners out. Which leads me to my latest dinner out...

I went to India Palace in Woodbury last night. Ordered the Naan with cheese and shared it with friends. The two dips it came with were tasty. One a sweet smooth chutney thing and the other a bright green pretty darn hot thing. I ordered a chicken dish (cannot remember the name of it, which I butchered when ordering... the name, not the chicken). It had a yogurt based sauce, it had cashews and raisins. It came with a long grain rice. It was tasty, I ordered it medium, which had a bite. Although, not overwhelming. I also had a glass of pinot noir. With a healthy tip, I spent $25 and had leftovers for lunch the next day. The only negative I can come up with is the cashew and raisin were pretty scarce in the dish. I almost forgot it had them until I came across the first one. They do a pretty good take out business and had native clientele. All signs of good food. I enjoyed it. I will go back. I recommend it.

I miss my friend Diane who is up to her neck in family crisis. I miss my room mate who is visiting family. I miss the body I had 10 years ago.

Mood now.... not content nor discontent. Kind of vague undefined something. Like I'm waiting for something, but I'm not sure what.

No comments: