Hello friends, I have been overwhelmed by requests to return to my blogging... okay, only ONE person has been asking for more of my writing. And the crazy thing is, we live together. This girl must love love love punishment!
Okay, it's a slow night for TV, I've got a glass of wine in hand and am kinda caught up at work. Maybe this will replace my overwhelming need to be stuffing my mouth lately. So here goes, random Splats.
What is up with people who cannot for the life of them remember what it is like to be single? Really. It's not some disease, but get a grip we are different! EVERYONE IN THE WORLD WAS SINGLE AT ONE TIME. Got it? We are
a-l-o-n-e and reminded by it all the freaking time. Two ridiculous things have happened. First a person I know has written a book and even published it himself. This guy has been married for a very long time, almost as long as I have been alive. So, I have to give him credit that he may know a thing or two about marriage. Anyway, his generous heart caused him to give everyone at work a copy of his book. Devotions for Couples. Yes, even me, even my roommate Lindsey. Thank you-know-who that Lindsey and I were sitting next to each other when it happened and we could exchange a smile at the gesture. Worse than that he autographed it and wrote my name in it so I can't even give it away as a gift. Whatever.
Second, I had this incredible opportunity to attend a small group conference at Willow Creek. Those you who have been there must have seen the great bookstore. I spent time and resources there just like everyone else. In my browsing, I came across a four foot section with several shelves of books for singles. Great, I thought. As I checked them out I discovered every one, you read that right, everyone dealt with finding and keeping and being a great date. As well as, discerning if your date is the one you should have. That was it. Okay, I know enough singles to know that yes, a lot of them are really looking for someone. But come on! Is there no other topic that meets a single's need but dating? If for no other reason than I'd be have the only book out there, I am going to write a book. Single, Sane and Satisfied with Life; or maybe So I'm Single, That Doesn't Mean I'm Lusting After Your Husband; or maybe Ask Me What's It's Like To Be Single.
Okay, need more wine.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I vote for "Ask me what it's like to be single".
It is good to have you writing again!
You are amazing and I love how you say it like it is!! It is as if you have read my mind! Ummm, I like the titles but have to vote for the Single, Sane and Satisfied... Can there be a Sassy in there?
Post a Comment