Sunday, March 18, 2007

... 98, 99, 100

It's been a very good day. A glorious day I would say. On this day my mom delivered a little girl to be named Mary and mom's life has never been the same. That's right folks, FIFTY TWO years ago I entered this world. Somehow I am now closer to 100 than the day of my birth. How the heck did that happen?

Thanks to my wonderful friend, Lindsey and her friend Ingrid, I woke up to 52 colorful birthday wishes and blessings! It made me laugh until I began to cry with gratitude. Note the decor below.



Wait, there is more. I received cards, flowers and chocolate. I was hugged and those who didn't wish me a happy birthday, I clued them in very tactfully... "What's different about me? It's my birthday!" Of course I received well wishes and even a little teasing about the AARP. Which I received gracefully (this year anyway) as I know that in a heartbeat they, too, will be scratching their heads in wonder. I facilitated a class that is one of my favorite parts of my job and I had lunch with my mom and seesters. And I opened fabulous girly presents... delicates, cash, purse, hoodie, crafting tools hooray! Plus, I looked fabulous the entire time this took place.


Mom and me.


Me, mom, Carol (you would never guess she is the oldest) and Rita! My brother lives in the North woods, or he would have been here, too!

Inspired by Lindsey here are 52 reasons I celebrate life in no particular order:

1. Lindsey
2. Nora
3. Michelle
4. Jay
5. Jane
6. Nancy
7. Cindy L
8. Angie
9. Amy
10. Jenny
11. Lisa
12. Stu
13. Alli
14. Robin
15. Jill
16. Kim
17. Tina S
18. Cindy
19. Brenda
20. Theresa
21. Sherri
22. Patty
23. Scott S.
24. Scott P
25. Jim B
26. Liisa
27. Tracey
28. Jim J
29. Dawn
30. Ann
31. Don A
33. Ben
34. Cheri
35. Derek
36. Joel
37. Jeff K
39. Lisa O
40. Beejay
41. Jim Sl.
42. Todd H
44. Julie
44. Angela
45. Cara
46. Cheryl R.
47. Sheryl
48. Janice
49. Diane
50. Shannon
51. Katie, Kris, Marie, Phyl

And that does not include my family! And I've missed some of you. Which I say, come on, I'm FIFTY TWO, what do you expect? So, how can I NOT celebrate! I am wealthy beyond my wildest dreams - with friends and family.

Not only that... but this is ALL real baby.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Aw...glad you had a good birthday.