
I'm on vacation... oh how wonderful! I had folks over to celebrate this wonderful nation we live in. It was so much fun and so many showed up. One surprise after another. My home is right on the park and the 2 occasions that fireworks happen are in my back yard. Perfect time for a party. I served a new beverage, Strawberry Mojitos. Very good, but very labor intensive, not a drink for a group.
My new favorite treat is Stewart's Soda. Cream soda, Black cherry, Orange cream, you name it. Yum.
My deck was full of friends and conversation. My kitchen was full of friends and family. The counter had snacks and treats. I am so grateful for all I have! It it as if the fireworks live on in my heart.
I had (forced) my guests write a 4th of July note for the blog, these are from those who did not escape...
Janice: Mary, Great party - you are a definitely the hostess with the most- est. Happy 4th of July.
Nancy: The dip was tasty, the Mojitos were grand, Mary (last name) is the best hostess in the land!
John: Hey Mayree, Happy 4th to you and yours. Great spot to view the works. Have a good rest of the week, hopefully away from work.
Diane: With every bright explosion, I'm reminded of hundreds of great adventures with Mary - each more colorful than the last.
Ashleigh: Mary - Happy 4th! Thanks so much for being so amazing! I hope I end up being exactly like you! Love, Ashleigh - PS You're explosive!
All total 15 showed up not counting a family friend that stopped by as a meeting place to go to the works. Quite a crowd for my place.... I loved it!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment