Saturday, June 30, 2007

a) Confession of this blogger and b) Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

a) I have a confession to make. I know this may be difficult to hear and perhaps to understand. But please know, I do not want to upset you. However, I'm trying to be honest... So please, try to understand. This blog is not my only journal. I have two other places that I capture my thoughts and stories in print. You are my most public and I try to keep things light and friendly. And just visit with friends and loved ones. I also have a journal (handwritten) that are observations of the holy. I mean the small things in life that give me joy because I know the author is God. I share them with groups on occasion and will collect them in one volume some day. In addition.. yes, there is more. I journal prayer. That is very private and I share that only with you-know-who. I think during my vacation I'll post an example of the first. That way you will know that there is more to my writing than Splatters.


b) Mary, Mary Quite Contrary.
I have heard that way too many times. Almost as often as, "Hey you ever play basketball?" Ha ha, very clever. However, this spring a friend, Cindy, and I are gardeners. Yes, I have flowers at my place and herbs in pots. But this is a real vegetable garden on a 10 X 10 plot on the new land. I feel very earthy, homemade and un-city girlish.

So, here you go a photo journal of the "Girl Garden" with Marigolds and spinny things.

The Beginning....
Note, the home and corn in the background.

They've survived in spite of our ignorance...
It has been so much fun. Cindy and I take turns watering.


They're growing up!
This is just this weekend. Note the weeds around us and how tall the corn has gotten.


AND NOW... First Fruits!

Lovely tomato center of photo.














Some sort of squash...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the new digs :) Thanks for the relaxing evening on your deck and seeing some of the flowers in person