Friday, March 31, 2006

MIAB, Therapy

Okay, I know you have been waiting to hear on whether to fly to the web site that sells Model In A Bottle. Thus, I give you the unofficial results. As you know, MIAB is supposed to give your makeup a finish that seals and holds it in place. Therefore, makeup lasts much longer and keeps your artistry looking fresh. Something akin to shellac protecting wood. Well, I did the half face thing three times. First time I worked a 10 or 11 hour day and forgot to check it - nothin' lasts that long. Second time I thought I noticed a difference, but did not trust myself. The third time was a charm as in the very office I work, I asked two women if they could tell the difference between one side of my face and the other. Shazzam! They both picked the MIAB side saying it looked "fresher". Now, you know. MIAB makes a difference; I just wonder if the stinging sensation gets worse the longer you use it?

I love my therapist. She is a wise, respectful, daring, risk-taking, alive, honest, God-loving and kind person that talks straight to me with love. I love that. That kind of trustworthiness is hard to find. She gets me. I believe we share some of the same strengths and challenges. I have grown in the ability to recognize a life lesson. Whereas I used to not learn much from the events of my life. That I credit to her. What I learn from her has sort of been like reading Proverbs and getting it. When I first read Proverbs, I was like, yeah, so duh? Then, I read it with attention and discovered wisdom is applying Proverbs... Duh on me! I was recently called mean by a loved one (not to my face, I overheard it). Wiser me acknowledged the hurt and disappointment in how someone so close to me did not know me. (Of course I griped about it to my girlfriends I'm not perfect.) My therapist/mentor looked straight into my eyes when I mentioned it to her, and said "do not let that define you, only God can define you". Another moment of understanding. Another act of letting go and forgiving.

Today I'm grateful for my country, my cute shoes and E,J&S.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope this works. i checked my 'tulips' after your comment and i think the rather robust one on the end -- near Rusty RoadRunner, is one of those tall purple balls (ie not the latin name)

Mary said...

Whatever they are I thought they all looked beautiful and strong and almost bursting with the anticipation of the flower!