Sunday, January 14, 2007

Brain-nerds

I had the great good fortune to spend a couple of days away in a beautiful lake home in Brainerd. A generous friend gave me this gift and I shared it with two of my friends. Gone are the days where looking for a party would be a priority, here are the days that fun is a tad more... gentle. Okay, maybe even nerd-ish. Spent the day waking up slowly, spending time in the Word, and getting creative.

Okay, the evenings included Cosmopolitans... I'm not dead for crying out loud!

The photos... Dinner at Bar Harbor: me, Nancy and Cindy, 2 of the lake home, and Nancy and I at a cute little coffee house in Nisswa.















2 comments:

Adam said...

ben and I have a cousin from Brainerd and, ironically, he has a huge noggin and is rediculously smart, making him kind of a brain nerd... coincidence? hmmm... I wonder if the fact that Ben and I grew up in Dumbheadville and moved to Hopelesston have affected us in any way... hmmm...

Mary said...

That explains a lot of the blank looks I receive from said brother in attemps at conversation. Dumbheadville... where the flight pants still reign along side the mullet. "Don't break my heart my achey breaky heart"