Monday, January 22, 2007

I Hear Voices

Not long ago I read by an excellent Christian therapist that we all hear voices. It is normal. They tell us things like: that was fun, or he is hot, or what is wrong with me?

For your enjoyment a sample of the voices in my head tonight while assembling 2 egg dishes to celebrate 2 dear friend's birthday at staff meeting tomorrow...

Okay, 4 slices of bacon. Might as well fry it all up and use the rest later. Wonder what I'll do with it.

Yum, that warm, double chocolate cookie is delicious. I think I'll have one more.

I will definitely have a glass of wine tonight.

Hope these dishes turn out well.

Yum the bacon is tasty!

What happened to the second cookie I started! I ATE it without knowing it?

I cannot have another, not one more. I hate when I eat and don't remember it.

I need to stop eating so much. I can do it. Just have to add more fruit and veggies to my diet.

This bacon is tasty. Better put it away. No telling how much I will eat. Can I really not eat another cookie?

When is Lindsey coming home? I can give her a cookie and that will be one less for me.

I'll just have one with her. One more won't be so bad.

There are those oranges I bought, I bet they are good.

Oh, I love this song by Sting even if it is a song about being stalked by some sick guy.

I'm going to put the cookies in a zip lock bag maybe that will stop me.

Hey, I can move. I wonder if people even dance like this anymore. Gotta stop... going to get a side ache.

Like a zip lock bag ever stopped me before. But maybe this time.


..................................

Any bets how many cookies are left by the time Lindsey gets home? Oh well, time to catch Heroes and Studio 60.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I ate a cookie...it was yummy...she didn't eat them all!

Rachel Ehrhard said...

Mary...you are too funny.

I'm frightened to ever share my inner dialogue...mostly because it wouldn't make any sense to anyone!

hope the cookies were tasty!

Anonymous said...

OH my word...this post is so funny, Mary. I was referencing this post today at a staff meeting when our Pastor and DCE were discussing, "Ok, there's only a couple left. I've already had two...but if you eat one more, I'll eat one more." I said, "Sounds to me like you're letting your internal dialogue of what you're allowed and not allowed to eat become external." I tried to explain your post but I think I may have to let people read this one for themselves...it cracked me up!