Monday, June 11, 2007

Big Fat ZERO

Really, should I even be allowed to have a blog? That is the question I ask you. Let me explain. A week or two ago out of curiosity I went on my stat counter site to see what kind of activity I have on my little blog. Little did you know that embedded in Spatters is copied and pasted 'code' to count how many hits I get and what part of the USA they come from. Now do not let this impress you. Because, on the other hand I cannot create a Power Point presentation. I went to the site and my log on and password is saved and that helped me from guessing what they were and saved me much frustration. Once there, much to my chagrin was nothing. Not one visit since March! What! I felt so alone! No one was paying attention to me! Then reason took over and I'm guessing that when I upgraded, or whatever it was, to the 'new' blogger thing I lost my code.

I looked around the stat counting site and found a transferring account area and asked the decision making question I frequently use, is this worth the time and frustration (remember that I cannot create a Power Point presentation). I thought not. So, now I merely have to trust someone is paying attention to me until my patience tank is filled and I can poke around the stat counter site with the appropriate attitude.

Let me leave you with one more example of ineptness that I have kept hidden from you until this day of confession. While upgrading or whatever it was I did to stop the annoying pop up I received when logging on to my dear little blog, I had to create a Google account. I really didn't want to because my Comcast email was doing fine for me. And I knew that someday I would have to remember what my Google account name and password was. But I was nagged into it by the mean Google/blog folks. So, I submitted and was asked for my email which I promptly put in my Comcast address... yes I really did. Then I was asked for a password. Which I did and at this moment I can't remember what it is. Thank goodness for that automatic sign in thing. Okay here comes the embarrassing part. I shortly thereafter learned that my Google account name was, are you ready, mycomcastemailaccount@comcast.net@gmail.com. I am surprised at how they even took it. And do I even try to check to see if it is legit? I don't want to because some how the blog folks have smiled upon this backward girl and upgraded me and I am on the new blog thing. And I do not have to worry about just how many folks know how backward I am because the stat counter thing has not been transferred.

The day that all this dawned on me I went to Byerly's and bought 2 desserts. One, a cannelloni (not the correct name of it but can't spell the dessert one correctly). Yummy, I had to eat half at a time because it was soooo rich and sweet. The other, a cashew caramel bar, which was big enough to make 3 people sick. I ate that over several days.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I am a faithful blog follower, and today, you can ask the dust-bunnies inhabiting my room - I said to myself - YAY!! mary has blogged. (A fact I will also share with you that I commented/shared with Lindsay who was in the room yesterday.) Yep, Mary, not only do you have visitors, but lamenting visitors who invite you to blog more often.) But, I've been called worse than a BIG FAT ZERO...

Oh and if you want - I can teach you everything you EVER wanted to know about PowerPoint...it might cost you a canolli though ;-)

Tina said...

Correction...lindsay was in the church kitchen yesterday and I admitted that I missed your blog :)