Thursday, June 14, 2007

Falling From the Sky

This home is the first home I've lived in that has vaulted ceilings. So when I observe how often I like to hang things from above, I wonder is that the reason? Am I trying to fill space that I have never had in a home setting before? Am I somehow uncomfortable with it on an unconscious level? Do I over analyze everything? Perhaps. Nevertheless here they are.


My first Christmas here I hung these old fashioned angel cutouts from the ceiling. They 'flew' around the top of my tree. It was an odd comfort, so I hung them in the corner of my bedroom.





I like my little lamp. This beaded ornament was purchased at a little shop again at Christmas time.





These are various glass marble things that hang between my kitchen and living room. My first one was purchased at an art and craft festival I attended with my sisters. They actually hang about 16 inches apart from each other.






This spring I bought this hanging basket. I usually purchase two. A fuchsia and another. This year the other is this bright geranium and some sort of vining plant that is growing down. Soon it will touch the deck. I'm looking forward to that. Will it stop growing and just fill out? Will it begin to spread? I don't know. All I know is that I enjoy beautiful things hanging from above.

No comments: