Friday, February 16, 2007

It Was A Swell Sale

I love a great buy. One of my favorite times to shop is after Christmas. Clothing is cheap and there is plenty of the winter season left. This year I got a great pair of trousers, good cuff, nice pin stripe and LONG enough. Which in itself is a miracle. So what they were a tad on the large size, I would be comfortable.

Well, there is danger in purchasing clothing a tad too large. And this year the price on several items were too good to turn away. The danger is room to grow... This past week the truth was obvious. You see, I woke up not with a desirable six pack, but a twelve pack. My what a lovely sight. Yep, it's a good thing summer is in the distant future.

Fun stuff I've been up to: Painting a bird house and bird feeder with my favorite 5 year old.

Note the very fun Batman apron made just for him. It works great while painting or making Rice Krispie Bars. Did you know you can go to the cereal's website and play games? We enjoyed the game that is similar to Jenga only with Rice Krispie Treats in place of the wooden blocks. The link is in the title of this post. We will decorate our freshly painted projects next week.

Also had dinner at Paul and Janice's home on Tuesday night. What a treat! Great food, great friends. I feel like family there.

Had lunch with mom and the Seesters today. Beef stew and beer batter bread, warm apple, raisins, caramel sauce and ice cream - Yum! Left overs for lunch this week, co-workers will be jealous.

Special thanks to Lindsey, who gave me the only Valentines Day Card this year... Except for the friend who dropped off beautiful tulips on Monday. What a treat! Thank you, you-know-who.

No comments: