I was invited to a Super Bowl Party by my friend, Marie. When I first met her I was invited to her home after a play we attended with another friend of hers. They sat on her couch facing the extra large TV and began to watch a hockey game. I couldn't put my finger on my discomfort at first. There was this vague notion of something being wrong. Like wearing black hose with blue shoes. Not immediately noticeable, but then it's there, an unmistakable wrong. Women were enjoying the game. They knew player's names. They new the team's stats. They were really watching it. Mind you not just watching because you are at a party and everyone is doing it... not because you are dating a really cute guy or the food at the party would be exceptionally good.. Not because your husband loves the game and you haven't been married long enough to say, okay I'm done doing the football thing and I can't be a hypocrite any longer (be honest girls). They were into it.
I almost went to her party. I was set on it. Then the day caught up with me and I looked at my calendar and I have only one free night this week. So, staying home won.
Am I ever glad I did! It wasn't until 9:00 PM (after Hercule Poirot was over) that I thought I would check to see who won. The Dolphins or the Colts. No wait, the Cubs are playing I knew that. But they are in Florida.?. Oh yeah, Florida is hosting. this isn't the World Series where the teams ACTUALLY PLAY AT THEIR OWN FIELDS!!!! My TV told me Indianapolis won. Thus the Colts won. Where is Indianapolis? Is it near Illinois?
Can you imagine a guest like me at THE game? I feel it was a divine intervention.
So I missed Prince. I missed the party. I missed the game and the commercials. Do I care? Nope.
What's my point? Hercule Poirot won over the game. A little, formally dressed, weird guy with a waxed mustache was more attractive than those massive, hard bodied guys slamming into each other. I am a geek. I don't know exactly when it happened, but I am attracted to guys with serious brain. I am a secret mind groupie.
By the way, George Clooney serious brainiac. (I'm not dead for crying out loud.)
Sunday, February 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The waxed mustache thing would throw me off...but George Clooney you might be on to something there!
Post a Comment